Welcome to the Marlow Recycling Center!
The Transfer Station and Recycling Center is located on Route 10, between the Post Office and Perkins Elementary School.
On this page:
- Household recycling is mandatory in the town of Marlow.
- Clear plastic bags are required for all disposable household trash.
- Electronic waste is not accepted at the transfer station; disposal available at Staples or at the Keene Transfer Station, subject to a disposal fee.
- There is a no-cash policy at the Transfer station : permits and coupons are available at the town offices (Jacqui Fay) 446-2245.
In order to use our facility, you will need to posess a new permit decal. These new decals are free and included with this year's annual inventory form. Additional decals are available to residents at the Marlow Town Office. Permit decals are only issued to residents of Marlow and Washington/Ashuelot Pond Road in Washington.
The Marlow Recycling Center offers a Swap Shop for residents of Marlow and Washington/Ashuelot Pond Road in Washington. Residents are encouraged to shop for and drop off items that are clean, useable and in working condition. Because the Swap Shop is a community effort, all items to be dropped off must be approved by the on-duty attendant. Users of the Swap Shop are expected to help keep it neat and tidy.
Please note that clothing is not accepted. Disposal fees must still be paid on relevant items regardless of whether or not they are being placed in the Swap Shop. This covers the Town's cost of disposal, shold the item not find a home within a reasonable time frame.
The Marlow Recycling Center promotes the Cans for Kids program. A designated bin is located on the platform for the disposal of aluminum cans and deposit redeemable plastic bottles. This program is managed by dedicated volunteers. All proceeds realized through this program help fund Perkins school recreational efforts and equipment. While recycling is mandatory, donating recyclable containers to Cans for Kids is voluntary, but greatly appreciated.
The Marlow Recycling Center and Transfer station is open Wednesdays from 4:00 to 7:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Closed on federal and state holidays.
The Marlow Recycling Center and Transfer station is located at 875 NH Route 10 in Marlow.
All clean paper, junk mail, magazines, newspapers (including inserts), phone books, cereal boxes, egg cartons, paper gift wrapping, but no foil lined items.
- All clean, dry, flattened corrugated cardboard boxes, including printed, colored and shiny boxes.
- Must be flattened, stacked and neatly placed in the cardboard container.
Glass/Plastic/Aluminum (Co-mingled Container)
- Clear or colored glass jars and bottles without lids. Must be rinsed! Please note that this container is not for bulbs, broken mirrors, dishes, windows, windshields or other loose brooken glass. With the exception of bulbs, which go in the compactor, these items should go in the demolition dumpster.
- Aluminum begerage cans & tin cans.
- Plastic containers, without covers, designated as #1 or #2 only. Plastic motor oil containers must be capped.
Packing Material Container
Clean packing peanuts and bubble wrap in secured bags or boxes are to be placed in the container located on the platform.
- This facility is for the exclusive use of residents of Marlow and the Ashuelot/Washington Pond area of Washington, NH.
- Only trash generated in Marlow or Ashuelot/Washington Pond area households permitted.
- Clear plastic bags are required for all household trash placed in the compactor.
- Access to this facility may be revoked for failing to recycle.
- Your trash may be inspected by the attendant to insure compliance.
Unacceptable and Hazardous Items
- We do not accept electronic waste.
- Such items (TVs, VCRs, DVD players, stereos, microwaves, computers, printers, monitors, etc.) can be disposed of at Staples Office Supply, Key Road, Keene or the Keene Recycling Center, 55 Old Summit Road (which only accepts payments by check).
- Marlow signs up for FREE hazardous material collections every other year at the Keene Household Hazardous Waste Collection facility located next to the Keene Recycling Center.
- Hazardous waste is any item that is chemical, corrosive, explosive, reactive, flammable or toxic. Dates are posted at the transfer station and published in the newspaper.
- All flourescent or neon light bulbs and tubes or pig tail bulbs contain mercury and are considered hazardous. These items may be disposed of at the Keene Recycling Center or, in limited amounts, FREE at Jack's True Value, 37 Park Ave, Keene -- call ahead to confirm 352-1517.
- No propane tanks accepted.
- All appliances containing freon (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers): $15.00
- All other appliances or scrap metal items, such as furnaces, stoves: FREE
- 3 seat sofa: $15.00
- 2 seat sofa, recliner, upholstered chair, dresser/bureau, mattress or box spring: $10.00
- bed frame (wood), room size rugs, wooden/plastic furniture, humidifier: $5.00
Truckloads of demolition debris are charged by size of load as determined by attendant.
- full size pick-up (4x8x2) full: $25.00
- half full: $15.00
- quarter full: $10.00
- with sideboards full: $50.00
- with sideboards half full: $30.00
- with sideboards quarter full: $20.00
- short or mini full: $20.00
- short of mini half full: $15.00
- short or mini quarter full: $10.00
- short of mini w/sideboards full: $40.00
- short or mini w/sideboards half full: $20.00
- short or mini w/sideboards quarter full $10.00
- smaller amounts: FREE
- dump truck loads as determined by attendant
- accepted by attendant on platform
- unmounted tires only
- car or pick-up tires each $2.00
- larger tires each $5.00